Sustainability Consultant

I really enjoyed learning about different career fields related to architecture on Wednesday. It made me even more excited with my decision to go into architecture.  I find most of these fields pretty interesting but the most exciting of them all is the sustainability consultant. I've been reading about VOC’s, environmental and health concerns for years now. I'm excited to learn that I have useful information and skills that I could actually help others save money in the long run, our health and the environment.  I am going to keep heading towards becoming a licensed architect with a LEED accreditation. I like architecture and sustainability and I'm looking forward to learning more about these two great subjects.

There are many different kinds of sustainability consultants.  Wikipedia says it “is someone who gives advice to businesses on how to make their products are sustainable as required or requested”. Sustainability Consultants have to keep in mind the sustainability of the planet, make sure there is a profit for the client and it is socially responsible. I looked up many different sustainability consultant current job openings and was surprised by the differing responsibilities. Some companies want you to provide the tools for any kind of company to manage their social and environmental impact.

The type of work that sounds most interesting to me are ones where you work on a team on building projects. Most employees want a bachelor's degree, some want a business administration degree. Some also want either a LEED or GreenPoint Rated Accreditation. This field of work is so new that a degree isn't really necessary just yet. Most employers are looking for job experience and Microsoft Office experience. The jobs with architect or engineering firms prefer those who know design programs like Rhino, 3dMax and Sketchup.


I found a website that offers online training to help you become a sustainability consultant. They also offer any type of business different services like; helping them develop sustainability strategies with assessments, audits and workshops. Their website is www.sustainabilityconsulting.com

Comments

Popular Posts