Primary Missionary Activity
We had this activity during the summer in Primary but I wanted to share the ideas with those that may be interested. "I hope they call me on a mission" activity starts by welcoming the kids to the MTC. One of the first things I told them is that we are going to have fun today but it's going to be quiet fun... it seemed to work. They each received a missionary name tag and a passport with their picture inside. Each time they went to a country they got a sticker in their passport. I also invited the current missionaries in our area to come talk for a minute to tell the kids why they decided to go on a mission. Then we divided into groups, assigned them a number and sent them to a room with a country in it.
A few weeks before the activity I sent a sign-up sheet around to ask for volunteers. This is what it said:
The Primary has been called on a mission and we need your help for our next Primary activity on date and time. If you have served a mission or lived in a different country we would like to hear from you. You'll be set up in different rooms representing your country. You'll have about 7 minutes to tell the kids about the country, what it's like, culture and what it's like going to church there.
Different ideas: Show and tell, teach them a Primary song in the language, bring a small taste of that country, or anything else you could think of.
We greatly appreciate your willingness to help out.
Name Phone # Country
We got a lot of volunteers and assigned them each a room. They each had about 7 minutes then I went and knocked on their door to switch but I would recommend ringing a bell or something so you don't have to interrupt and they could hear it down the hall. The countries represented were Ethiopia, Chile, Columbia, Mexico, Costa Rica, France, Peru, Canada, and Australia. Each group was unique and the kids were entertained the whole time even though it actually went longer than normal. I think it was 2 1/2 hours. After all the countries we met back together to send them out on their own missions like these missionaries.
A few weeks before the activity I sent a sign-up sheet around to ask for volunteers. This is what it said:
The Primary has been called on a mission and we need your help for our next Primary activity on date and time. If you have served a mission or lived in a different country we would like to hear from you. You'll be set up in different rooms representing your country. You'll have about 7 minutes to tell the kids about the country, what it's like, culture and what it's like going to church there.
Different ideas: Show and tell, teach them a Primary song in the language, bring a small taste of that country, or anything else you could think of.
We greatly appreciate your willingness to help out.
Name Phone # Country
We got a lot of volunteers and assigned them each a room. They each had about 7 minutes then I went and knocked on their door to switch but I would recommend ringing a bell or something so you don't have to interrupt and they could hear it down the hall. The countries represented were Ethiopia, Chile, Columbia, Mexico, Costa Rica, France, Peru, Canada, and Australia. Each group was unique and the kids were entertained the whole time even though it actually went longer than normal. I think it was 2 1/2 hours. After all the countries we met back together to send them out on their own missions like these missionaries.

Comments
Post a Comment