Facebook Healthcare Rant
I am so frustrated with the healthcare system!!! I have been trying to get all my kids into the doctor for wellness checkups and it has been a nightmare!
I changed health insurance at the beginning of this year. The new plan did not cover our previous doctors but I thought, there are plenty of good doctors out there... it shouldn't be a problem. It was!
So, our insurance assigned us primary care doctors. I went to see the one they assigned me. It was horrible! The office was filthy like it hadn't been cleaned for months. Are you kidding me?!?! Sick people come in here with their germs and it's not being cleaned! The doctor was more interested in telling me that he was forced to go to medical school or he would be thrown in jail because the military was paying for it than listening to me. (Hello, you knew this when you signed up!) When it was time to draw my blood he pulled out the foot stool on the exam table that my feet were just on. Didn't clean it or anything and they drew my blood on that filthy thing. I'm still hoping I didn't catch anything from that place. After that I called the insurance to change my primary care doctor. I'm never going back to him again! I changed it and went to get another checkup from the new doctor because I did not trust the other guy.
Then it was time for the girls to go in for a check up. I called the doctor they first assigned them. He no longer worked there. Called the insurance company and they said their doctor has been changed to someone else. I call the number for the new doctor they gave me... it was a fax machine!!! I looked her up online and she is located in Farmington not in West Jordan like they told me. I called the insurance again to find a doctor closer to us. By this time I had gone to my new primary care doctor and liked her. I thought we could all go to the same person. I added her as the girls new primary care doctor too. I call to make an appointment for all 3 girls at the same time. They said they couldn't see more than 2 at a time. So I schedule Brooklyn's a day later.
Annabelle and Abby go to see the doctor and everything is fine. Later that day I get a phone call saying that that doctor will no longer be working there so we need to reschedule Brooklyn's appointment. Weird... okay.
We just tried going to see the new doctor today in the downpour of rain. We walk in dripping wet 15 minutes late and no one can see us. They said there wasn't enough time. No one was even in the waiting room! We had to reschedule again. I AM NOT HAPPY!!!
Moral of the story... don't ever change health insurance if it's working for you. Now I'm stuck with this insurance for the rest of the year. I can't change anything!!! I should be able to go to which ever doctor I choose and not have to worry about all of their politics! 
Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.
Comments
Post a Comment