Training for a 1/2 Marathon

I've decided that I'm going to run in a half marathon in August with my sister-in-law.  I think it'll be good for me, it'll give me a goal, distract me from the miscarriage, plus by the time it's over we would be able to start trying to get pregnant again.  I've never run in any races before but I use to run a lot (mostly in high school).  I've been training since Monday and 3 miles is a lot harder than I remember.  Today it seemed a little better.  As the runs start getting longer I think I'm going to have to run to the gym pushing the stroller, that will add 3 miles.  The girls could only be in the playroom for 90 minutes.  I'm thinking 10, 11, 12 miles is going to take longer than 90 minutes. 

Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it turns out.  I might end up walking the whole thing...oh well.  Feel free to join me!
Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running: The Best Advice to Get Started, Stay Motivated, Lose Weight, Run Injury-Free, Be Safe, and Train for Any DistanceThe Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training

Comments

Popular Posts