Books should have a rating

I get so frustrated with books today!  Mostly with audio books.  I love listening to them while I'm cleaning the house while my kids are in the room.  All of a sudden there's swearing, fighting, and descriptive sex scenes.  I don't know they are coming.  There needs to be some sort of marking on the outside telling me what I am going to find inside.  Some sort of rating system.  I know P,PG,PG-13, and R have copyrights but there are other ways of communicating things of that nature.  Movies have ratings, CD's have parental advisories, and video games have appropriate ratings.  Why not books?

Some people say they don't want to have the government involved.  Why does the government need to get involved? Why can't the book publishers post a honest rating on the back of the book?

When you go the the library to check out a book. Most of the time your not going there for a specific book. Therefore wouldn't have researched the book. I'm for a rating system! I have been offended by even some kid books talking about how to have sex. So why must adults who do not want a rated "R" book have to always read the kids stuff?
I'm always looking for good alternatives.  Most kid books are good but adults can start to feel like it's baby talk after a while.  There is a company that publishes adult level that's unoffensive and that is Covenant Communications.  Most of their books at least mention the LDS church but they have good morals, values and even some action.

Comments

Popular Posts